2nd Level Master Course - Advisors
DIDACTIC COORDINATION: Lt. COL. ANDREA GLORIA, Dr. Andrea Malizia
DOCUMENTATION RELATED TO A.Y. 2017/2018
Master Courses in
“PROTECTION AGAINST CBRNe events”
The evolution of and increase in Safety and Security threats at an international level place remarkable focus on the improvement of the emergency systems to deal with crisis, including those connected to ordinary and the non-conventional events (Chemical, Biological, Radiological, Nuclear, and explosives).
In every industrial Country, there are multiple entities with specialized teams in very specific fields, but the complexity of the events requires professionals that not only have the specific know-how, but also expertise in the relevant areas.
Given the global interest in these issues, the Department of Industrial Engineering and the Faculty of Medicine and Surgery of the Tor Vergata University organize the international Master Courses in “Protection against CBRNe events”: I Level Master Course in “Protection against CBRNe events” (120 ECTS) and II Level Master Course in “Protection against CBRNe events” (60 ECTS). These courses aim at providing attendees with comprehensive competences in the field of CBRNe Safety and Security, through teaching and training specifically focusing on real needs. The Master Courses have a specific Mission:
Prepare highly specialized First Responders & CBRNe Advisors for Decision Makers
Both Master Courses are designed according to the spirit of the Bologna Process for Higher Education, the Italian law, and educational system.
The Master Courses have organized also in cooperation with the following Italian Public Entities:
- Presidenza del Consiglio dei Ministri (Prime Minister’s Office);
- Ministero della Difesa (Ministry of Defence);
- Ministero dell’Interno (Ministry of The Interior);
- Istituto Superiore di Sanità (National Health Institute);
- Istituto Nazionale di Geofisica e Vulcanologia (National Institute for Geophysics and Vulcanology);
- ENEA (Italian National Agency for New Technology, Energy and Sustainable Economic Development);
And together with the following International Entities:
- OPCW (Organization for the Prohibition of Chemical Weapons);
- NATO Joint Centre Of Excellence (Czech Republic);
- NATO SCHOOL of Oberammergau (Germania);
- VVU-026 Sternberk (Czech Republic);
- Seibersdorf Laboratories GmbH (Austria);
- Chornobyl Centre (Ukraine).
- Vincà Institute of Nuclear Science (Serbia)
All the above-mentioned organizations have signed official cooperation agreements with the University of Rome Tor Vergata.
Both Master Courses have been officially granted the “NATO selected” status and have been included in the NATO Education and Training Opportunities Catalogue (ETOC) and also they are supported by OPCW.
The Master Courses deal with the following subjects:
- Introduction to CBRNe risks;
- CBRNe agents and their effects;
- CBRNe Detection;
- Protection, decontamination and recovery of CBRNe agents;
- Crisis Management;
- Training activities (including Live Agent Training – LAT – with real agents).
The most important private entities operating in the CBRNe safety and security field support the Master Courses with their expertise and are involved in the teaching activities through their experts. Among our teachers are also subject matter experts from the University of Rome Tor Vergata and from all the Entities that officially involved in the Master Courses’ activities.
Classroom lessons are complemented with:
- Laboratory activities, Case studies to be dealt with in working groups, Visits, Internships, and the preparation of the Master Theses (the best ones will be selected for publication in scientific journals).